Benefits of Working for Belfast Trust
The Trust offers a competitive remuneration package and terms and conditions of employment.
Our employment practices and policies adhere to all relevant employment legislation and we are committed to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment for our staff.
HSC Pension Scheme / HPSS Superannuation Scheme
One of the best in the country, the HSC pension scheme is an important and valuable benefit. Membership is voluntary, but as a member of the scheme you get an excellent package of benefits. Further information may be obtained from the HSC Pension Service Website at www.hscpensions.hscni.net
Improving Working Lives Initiatives
Attractive Policies and Procedures available to staff
The Trust offers a wide range of Policies which underpin the value that is places on its staff.
- Work Life Balance/Flexible Working Policy - this policy provides staff with the opportunity to apply for a range of flexible working arrangement to enable them to balance home and work commitments and improve their working lives. The Trust is really committed to ensuring that staff secure a good work life balance and the percentage of applications for flexible working approved is a reflection of this. (Presently 95% of applications are approved).
- Car leasing scheme - the Trust offer an attractive salary sacrifice car leasing scheme which is designed to allow employees to access a car of their choice at a very competitive price.
- Summer Scheme - the Trust provides an annual summer scheme across 3 venues, accommodating over 350 children during the summer months. The scheme is open to all Trust employees’ children aged between 4 and 13 years, and operates for 7 weeks during July and August with early/late start and pick up times to accommodate shift patterns. The scheme enables staff to better balance their home/worklife and reduce their child-minding worries over the summer months, and has been highly rated in our satisfaction surveys. In addition, we have received incredibly positive feedback from the young people we have cared for which is fantastic. This scheme is delivered at an extremely competitive price.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme - this salary sacrifice scheme is a flexible and easy way to help working parents save money on registered childcare costs. A parent can save up to a maximum of £243 per month and are payable through a method of e-vouchers. (Note: there will be changes to this scheme in October 2015 for new entrants – changes to follow).
- Special Leave - the Trust offers excellent special leave for caring, maternity, paternity, parental, adoption, marriage/civil partnership, bereavement, unpaid leave and public service duties. Many of the Trust’s special leave provisions go further than legislative requirements.
- Relocation and Associated expenses policy -the Trust have a relocation policy which helps support staff that are required to relocate. To find out if you meet the criteria for support under this policy please contact our HR team who will be only too happy to advise you.
- Travelling to Work - the Belfast Trust Travel Plan aims to increase trips by sustainable modes such as walking, cycling, car-sharing and using public transport. We have a number of schemes to support this where staff can benefit from discounted bicycle and safety equipment, as well as bus and train fares. The Car-share Scheme is also free to join and could save you around £800 per year when sharing a journey.
- Staff Discount Card - Staff can avail of a Staff Discount Card which offers 5% discount at over 50 major high street shops with 17,000 outlets, using one convenient gift card.
- Approved Home Childcare - Staff can avail of the Employers for Childcare Approved Home Childcare which provides reliable, quality childcare in a family’s own home.
- Maternity Information Sessions - female staff who are pregnant or who would be interested in finding out more information on maternity related issues and regulations can avail of our Maternity Information Sessions. These are held twice a year and provide information relating to maternity leave entitlements, salaries and wages entitlements, work life balance policies, health at work during pregnancy, and health promotion for expectant mothers.
- Long Service Leave - in addition to the Trust’s attractive Annual Leave arrangement the Trust gives special recognition to staff who achieve 25 years service in HSC employment – by awarding one week’s additional annual leave (pro rata) and a Certificate of Loyalty signed by the Chief Executive.
- Translink TaxSmart Scheme - staff can save money on Income Tax and National Insurance contributions by paying for bus travel directly from their salary. Staff can save up to 31% on annual bus travel through this scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - this scheme allows staff to sacrifice part of their salary in return for a bicycle and safety equipment. By joining the scheme, staff are likely to save between 30-40% on the retail price of the bike and equipment through Tax and National Insurance exemptions.
- Bank of Ireland Employee Benefit Scheme - as part of the Bank of Ireland’s banking service to the Trust, preferential rates are offered to staff on many of its products and services.
Further information on these and other Policies are available on request from our HR Team. If you wish to find out more please contact us and we will be only too happy to assist you.