Direct Payments are cash payments made in lieu of services to people who have been assessed as needing services. It allows individuals to organise and arrange provision of their own services to meet their needs. Direct Payments allow greater flexibility by increasing the choice and control individuals have over the way their needs are met. Direct Payments can be used to organise support at home, as an alternative to day-care or to coordinate respite.
How to Access this service
Anyone who has been assessed as in need of personal social services can apply to have a Direct Payment instead of the Service offered by the Trust.
The following are eligible:
- People over 16 who have a physical or learning disability or sensory impairment
- older people who require support
- parents of children with physical or learning disability or sensory impairment
- people with enduring mental ill health
- carers (for services to meet their own assessed needs)
If not already in receipt of a service from the Trust individuals should contact their local Trust office. If in receipt of services speak to your key worker.