Gateway Services/Child protection
If you are concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person contact the Gateway Service.
Gateway is the first point of contact for all new referrals to childrens social work service and is responsible for:
- Making sure that all new referrals are responded to promptly
- Linking with children and families to assess their needs and identify appropriate support services
- Ensuring an immediate response to safeguard children in need of protection
- Making sure children and young people receive ongoing social work support whenever they need it
- Ensuring that everyone involved with a child can contribute to the assessment of the child and their family
- Working closely with other agencies when additional support is needed.
How to access the Service
Anyone can contact this service directly in one of the following ways:
During office hours (9.00am – 5:00pm) - you should contact Gateway on 028 9050 7000
At all other times (all through the night, at weekends and over Bank Holidays) - you should contact the out-of-hours Emergency Service: 028 9056 5444
Speak to a Duty Social Worker at
110 Saintfield Road