Gateway Services/Child protection
If you are concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person contact the Gateway Service.
Gateway is the first point of contact for all new referrals to childrens social work service and is responsible for:
- Making sure that all new referrals are responded to promptly
- Linking with children and families to assess their needs and identify appropriate support services
- Ensuring an immediate response to safeguard children in need of protection
- Making sure children and young people receive ongoing social work support whenever they need it
- Ensuring that everyone involved with a child can contribute to the assessment of the child and their family
- Working closely with other agencies when additional support is needed.
If you are concerned that a child may be at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation, there is help available.
Find out more about Child Sexual Exploitation
How to access the Service
Anyone can contact this service directly in one of the following ways:
During office hours (9.00am – 5:00pm) - you should contact Gateway on 028 9050 7000
At all other times (all through the night, at weekends and over Bank Holidays) - you should contact the out-of-hours Emergency Service: 028 9504 9999
Speak to a Duty Social Worker at
110 Saintfield Road